Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctoral degree - stamping

Hi,

I am going for stamping in a month. I am working as a post-doc, but pending some publications, I am not able to graduate immediately.
    Now I got my H1 (using my transcripts itself) and need to travel to India.

When I go for stamping, if I show them a letter from the university that I am going to graduate this semester and then my MS degree (from US), will that be ok? OR will this result in a rejection?

Please let me know.

Thanks

You cannot be working as a "post-doc" if you do not have a PhD or other doctoral degree as "post-doc" is "post-doctoral". You are likely an ABD - all but dissertation. If the job description requires an "earned doctorate" and you do not have it, you are missing a key qualification. A university cannot guarantee that you will graduate at a future date.

The only publication keeping you from the PhD is your dissertation; this is not a small matter. No university I know of uses journal publications to grant your degree. Your transcript reflects your degree completion; it may document that you have an MS and course work for a PHD.

Your situation as presented sounds suspicious to me. Will you get stamping? It depends on whether the VO is as cynical as I am about the way you presented your situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X