Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1B _ can I have India trip on Current L1 after October-2008

Hi,
    I am currently on L1 VISA with compa "A" and also my H1 is got approved from Comp "B" which is valid from Oct -2008.I am planning to go to India after Oct and return back in Nov with current L1 Visa. I am planning to Move to H1 Visa from Jan-2009. Will be there any problem in this case. Some one was telling that As my latest I94 status is L1 after coming back from India and H1 visa approval will not hold good.

In Detail: Suppose I am returning back to US second week of Nov -2008 then I will be getting new I94 with Status as L1. As this is the latest I94 status then my H1 approval will not hold good.

Please advice me on this so that I can plan my India trip accordingly.

Thanks

if your approved H1 comes with I-94, you will be on H1B from Oct 01st on.you should have job and pay all the time while on H1B.so if you want to be on L1, it would be better to leave US before the startdate of H1B and come on L1.

Comment

Search for leapfrog on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X