No announcement yet.

Any Sucess with Leap Frog ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I m in a great state of confusion. I m trying all possible ways to sort this situation..Please throw some light..

1) Can you please help me frame my question to the Immigration officer. I don't want more trouble by asking the wrong question

2) Can I enter US again on H4 when I come back from India in December. Or should I go for H1B stamping.

3) Do i need a Bahamas visa to fly in and out of Bahamas. Its the nearest port.

Comment

1. There is no special way to frame your question. Just show your I-94 that you have and explain your case properly. Ask what your status is as the I-94# matching the one that you have (student one) was already returned when you went for the H4 stamping. You can just explain whatever you did to the forum. My greatest concern at this point is you do not have a valid I-94 for any status based on how I understand your case. I don't want to scare you or freak you out but am just trying to help.

2. Yes, you can if you have a valid H4 visa.

3. Yes, you would need a visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I went for my USCIS appointment on Oct 16. They were not able to help me in understanding what status I m in. They have referred me to approach the "Deferred Inspection" at the airport. I have an appointment on Oct 21st.

Can they issue me a new I-94 if I need one.

I m worried. But, I think this would be only choice now.

Sadhvi.

Comment

Hello Txh1b,

Today I went to the deferred Inspection at the airport. They said my i-94 is not a valid one, as I had already departed the country on that I-94.

They spend 1 hr trying to track my entry and exits.

They said I am very lucky, that they were able to find some entry documentation about my entry at the Windsor - Detroit POE. He issued me a new I-94 with H4 status on it, dated back to Oct 1, 2008.

Does this mean everything is ok with my status and I m on H4?

Please confirm the same. Thanks for walking me through this process.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Sadhvi.

Comment

I am glad it worked out for you. I was concerned about the exact same thing (I-94 record being closed due to departure) right from the beginning of this thread.

You are all set now. Go ask that lawyer for a refund as he was obviously wrong!

Where is my free lunch treat that you promised?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I has been nearly 2 months now, in making this work. Thanks once again for all your help. I hope, My experience would probably be helpful to others who, plan to do leapfrog in the future.

And about the lunch treat..We should be a able to plan a good one with the refund..Mexican,Indian, Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese , American,Thai or Home made...

Comment

Leapfrog.. COS

HI,

I did a leapfrog by going to India on Sep 26 and returned back on Oct 6 to save my L1. Now I want to join my H1 sponsor-company. Anybody knows which forms will my sp[onsor company need to fill to do the Change of Status ? (I have no plans of getting my H1 stamped yet).

Thanks.

Comment

Anybody knows which forms will my sp[onsor company need to fill to do the Change of Status ? (I have no plans of getting my H1 stamped yet).
                  I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X