L1 to H1 COS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 COS!!

HI , I work for company A on L1 and got my H1 approved from company B as COS , now can I get my H1 transferred before 1st Oct to another employer ?
    I have read it here that one can but not sure if it's possible for COS.
    Also if I can do I need copy of Approval notice ? or I can take the printout of my case approval from USCIS website.

Thanks in advance.

Can be done. Online case status is good if you know that receipt number belongs to you.

COS requires you to begin work on H1b by Oct 1st. You are in a better position if your H1b transfer gets approved before Oct 1st for the new employer as you have to begin work on that day.

AC21 portability use is also possible if petition is pending but I am not sure about that part. Hence, I suggest PP on the transfer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks , for the prompt reply, but I can get my H1 transferred by Premium processing which should be before 1st OCt ?

Comment

Yes. In fact, it has to be done before Oct 1st or you would need paystubs from your first H1b employer to indicate proper status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X