Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current L1 - H1 Approved. Can I have India trip after 1st OCT::: URGENT PLEASE:::

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current L1 - H1 Approved. Can I have India trip after 1st OCT::: URGENT PLEASE:::

hello,
    I am currently on L1 VISA and also my H1 is got approved from different comp which is valid from Oct 1st.I am planning to go to India after Oct and return back in Nov with current L1 Visa. I am planning to Move to H1 Visa from Jan-2009. Will be there any problem in this case.

In Short Can If I return back from India after Oct 1st Is there any effect on my H1? Do I Once again apply for change of status?

Please advice me on this so that I can plan my India trip accordingly.

Thanks

similar post by you but in different style.

you will be on H1 from Oct 01, 2008--thats FINAL from USCIS side.

if you want couple of months to be on L1 even after the said period--its illegal.

if you wish to be on L1 till Jan, leave US before Oct 01, and can come back on L1(if its valid) (Leap Frog)and later change to H1 thru COS.

Comment

If your H1B employer had applied for COS with H1B petition then you will be on H1B status from Oct 1st onwards. Working for L1B employer is illegal.

If he has not applied for COS you are safe. Check with your employer.

You situation can be handled in different way.

leave US before oct 1st and enter US in oct (or Nov) with your L1B visa. Whenever you want to work on h1, just apply for COS.

I am not sure whether you will he in H1 status if you leave US before Oct 1st and enter before oct 1st? Experts advice on this case....
      Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk :-)

Comment

see this for my question..

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk :-)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X