Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 to H1B Stamping when can I start work. **** ***Seniors plz respond **** **** *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1B Stamping when can I start work. **** ***Seniors plz respond **** **** *

Hi Senior,

Thanks in Advance.

At present I am working in Company A with L1 Visa and my H1B got approved without COS. If I do H1B stamping in India somewhere in December, what about COS? even that will take 2-6 months or no need can I work with Company B (H1B Stamp) when I am back to US?

Please advice Senior.

Regards,
    Kranthi.

Hi Senior,

How many weeks it will take to change the status from L1 to H1B?

Thanks,
    Srini.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    08-06-2008, 11:16 AM
    txh1b

No one can tell. Anywhere between 2-6 months or more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you dont need COS once you enter US with H1 stamp.you will be on H1 upon entering to US.you can work for Company B with H1.

other case: if you dont want to go India, you can file for COS to H1 from L1 which may take 3-6 months depending on the service center you file with.(no H1 stamp is needed in this case, its needed for the reentry)

you can check for the processing dates @ http://www.immihelp.com/timings/processing-timings.html

Comment

Port of entry will decide your status.

You can enter US with H1b and work for H1B employer immediately.

You can enter US with L1b and work for L1B employer. If you like to work with H1B employer apply for COS.

Seniors correct me if I am wrong.
      Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk :-)

Comment

Originally posted by VinayD
        You can enter US with L1b and work for L1B employer. If you like to work with H1B employer apply for COS.
        Most of the times, only 1 work visa is allowed on the passport. This would mean either L1 or H1 will get cancelled based on what the applicant applies at a later date.

L1 will get "canceled without Prejudice" stamp and cannot be used if the person appeared for the H1 visa and got the visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks much to all.

Comment

Hi Seniors,

If I am working for company A (L1 visa) and Company B (H1B visa without stamping) applied COS for me. When can I start working with company B (if it takes 3-6 months for COS )? Can I start with Company B when it applied COS for me or do I need to wait until I got confirmation for COS?

Thanks in Advance.

Please advice.

Thanks,
            Srini.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X