Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Expiry and H1 stamping

Hi,

My passport is expiring in 5 months.My Visa on this passport has also expired.I have a new H1B till 2010.

I have applied for a new passport,but it will take 3 weeks to get a new one.

My question is, can I apply for a stamping date now with my old passport number ,get the date and go to the US consulate with the old and new passport which I should get by the time.
    Would they deny my visa since I have applied with my old passport number and which does not have the 6 months validity?

Or should I wait for new passport and then apply for the date.

I have to go to India urgently,but dont want to get stuck beacause of a slip up.

Thanks again.

H1 interview

My passport is expiring in 5 months.My Visa on this passport has also expired.I have a new H1B till 2010.

I have applied for a new passport,but it will take 3 weeks to get a new one.

My question is, can I apply for a stamping date now with my old passport number ,get the date and go to the US consulate with the old and new passport which I should get by the time.
    Would they deny my visa since I have applied with my old passport number and which does not have the 6 months validity?

Or should I wait for new passport and then apply for the date.

I have to go to India urgently,but dont want to get stuck beacause of a slip up.

---- Yes, you can seek an appointment with the old Passport and when you get your new Passposrt by the time of appointment, show them the new Passport for the interview . There should not be any issue on this count. It is only the other documents and the interview process that matter with the Passport being genuine

Subramanya

Comment

I'd wait if I were you. Better safe than sorry!
      J.

Comment

Hi,

it should be absolutely all right to apply with the old passport and appear for the interview with the new passport. However, you need to inform this at the vfs counter during your interview.

Comment

I emailed the VFD helpline for this issue,and this is their reply.

Any Advise??

-------------------------------
          Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email

Kindly note applicants should use the same passport to purchase their receipt as they will use at the time of interview. Applicants whose passport expires within the next 6 - 12 months are advised to obtain a new passport prior to purchasing a receipt for a visa interview.

Comment

Help Needed-Urgent 221g

Hi All,

Mine is a complicated case. I attended H1B interview to US consulate and received 221(g) admin processing.Later i realized my passport is not valid. It has no link to my previous damaged passport.I applied it through a agent and he did not return me my damaged passport. Then i realized it is equivalent of a new passport.I approached passport officals who blamed me fully and said you need to pay fine which i did and they took my passport and cancelled it and asked me to apply afresh.

I applied for a new passport which wont have any link to the passport on which i got my petetion.
            Do i need to apply to USCIS to update my petetion with latest held passport?

Now i received letter from consulate asking me to appear for interview.

What do i do?

In the letter they mentioned if you dont respond within 1 year of 221(g)eligibility date your application will expire.

What is the 221(G)eligibility date, the date on which i attended to interview?

Comment

PHANIB YOU have posted your question ..

... in multiple places and in other people's threads.

Please delete those and start your own thread.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X