L1B extension + H1B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension + H1B visa

This seems like an interesting situation. Need help if you have seen this situation already. Please assist me on this.

Now I am working in L1 Blanket visa in the United States. My L1 Blanket visa expired and my employer has issued for extension. At the same time my H1B visa got approved for the fiscal year 2008. I am returning to India in the month of September as my assignment is going to end.

Please reply me what happens If I attend H1B interview at visa consulate in India? Will my L1Blanket extension expires automatically (I mean closed?). If I succeed my H1B interview again if I appear for L1 Blanket extension, can I retain both?

If H1B is approved then your L1b will be cancelled by default.
    Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RMH1B
      If H1B is approved then your L1b will be cancelled by default.
      Great... here is my question... Suppose if I attend L1 Extension interview in India in the month of September and return to USA on L1B extension visa in the month of January 2009 or December 2008, Can I transfer to H1 after entering USA with L1B extension Visa?

Comment

There are plenty of posts on the forum on the same topic.

You should not work on L1 after getting approval with COS after OctOBER 1st.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X