Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b visa rejected in jakarta, indonesia due to dismeanor charge

hi all,

i just got a call from the embassy today that my h1b visa was rejected. I do not know the exact reason why i was rejected as i am picking up the rejection letter tomorrow. Here's a quick overview of myself and the case:

i was charged with cruelty to animal in 2000 (for spanking my dog...someone saw me and reported me........ ). i pleaded guilty and was fined $500, 120 hours of road crew and had to take an anger management class.... i was 19 years old when this happened... i did all the things the court asked me to do... since then, i had no run ins with the law

i came back to indonesia last week for personal reasons (last time i came back was in 2003). I applied to the embassy in jakarta WITHOUT disclosing the crime (i had completely forgotten about it until they called me. i did not even have the documentations). The first interview went well and she told me my visa would be ready in 3 days... 3 days later, i got a call saying that there was a criminal record and they wanted the papers for the case... i had to contact the courthouse in indiana to get it...

i then had to go for a 2nd interview... i turned in the documents and they asked what happened for the case... i explained everything that happened in 2000 and was told they would call me after they researched more on the "maximum punishment" of the crime... today, i got a call saying i was rejected, and was asked to pick up my passport and rejection letter tomorrow.

at this point, i do not have the rejection letter yet, but i am pretty sure the maximum punishment and CIMT issue was the basis of the decision... i am speaking to my lawyer tonight, but i just wanted to hear what everyone here has to say... pls help!

The reason could also be misrepresentation on the visa form regarding your arrest.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I agree with txh1b. If so, you're toast - as you should be for hitting a poor dog.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X