Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last name misspelled

Hi All,

My last name is misspelled in the H1-B receipt. The petetion is not approved yet. I contacted my lawyer about this. However, if my lawyer made a mistake in the petetion, will USCIS correct it (before approval)?

Thanks.
    Last edited by vkautilya; 08-12-2008, 05:19 PM.

Anyone?

Comment

Yes, you need to and should ...

... get the last name corrected, immaterial on who made the mistake.

Take care.

Comment

Yes. I do want to get it corrected. But my question is will USCIS correct it before the petition is approved?

If petition is approved with incorrect last name, how can I get my last name corrected afterwards? My petition is with change of status from F-1. All other documents have my last name spelled correctly including a previous approval.

Comment

That's the difficult thing ...

... as USCIS moves very slowly.

However, you need to let your company's attorney know immediately and ask him/her to move USCIS to correct the last name.

The least that would happen is that you would have a record saying you requested for the same.

Good luck.

Comment

Any useful replies that addresses my question?

Comment

Anyone has experience with this type of this issue or know how I can proceed? Thanks.

Comment

What you have been told is the only way. Does not matter if you think it is useful or not. No other options.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ah!

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X