Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can spouse enter on H4 if my status changed to PR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can spouse enter on H4 if my status changed to PR?

Hi,

My wife got her H4B dependent Visa stamped 10 days back. I was on H1B when her visa was approved.

Two days back I got my 485 approved so I guess my status now has changed from H1B to Permanent Resident. Can my wife still enter US on H4B visa?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

No, she should not and cannot. It will be considered fraud and her I485 may be in trouble. She should use AP pnly if her I485 is pending. If she left without AP, her 485 will be considered abandoned as she cannot return on H4.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the response.

Actually we got married just last month and this is her first trip to US. I haven't even applied for her PR. Does that change anything or is it that she still can't enter on H4?

Thanks again!!

Comment

You both are in deep $&**. Consult an attorney immediately as she has to use follow to join procedure and the wait is 5-6 years.

She can try other visas like H1, L1 etc on her own. You both are in for a big wait to be together.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response (and your deep concern )

Its just an immigration thing; I'm sure she will be here alright soon.

Thanks again for your time & concern.

Comment

YOu probably did not really get wht tx meant. You cant be more unlucky to get your 485 approved before your wife entered the US.

Comment

[QUOTE=plant_hehe]Its just an immigration thing; I'm sure she will be here alright soon.
              [QUOTE]

No, it isn't just an immigration thing. It has lots of delay associated with someone in your situation. It is not at all fun to be in your position. I am serious.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X