Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, can anyone advice pls?

Comment

Why are you making up reasons for getting a I-94? One has to apply for a replacement I-94 if it is lost. Don't make up reasons. be upfront about what you are doing as they can dig in and see what is happening.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You can return the I-94 at Candian Border. But the canadian officer is not obligated to take the I-94 as your visit is less than 30 days. In such cases, you have to return it at CBP while entering US again and the officer can understand why you are doing it.
        For leapfrog to work, you need a new I-94. It is your job to decide if you want to fly to your home country or anywhere else as I-94 is not guaranteed if you travel to border countries.

Talk to your attorney.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thx txh1b..was there any successful cases of doing leapfrob by going to canada?

Comment

I don't track success and failures. If you are so concerned, travel to your home country as it is a guaranteed.

Comment

thx txh1b..will travel to my home country..i have following concerns..

1. My status showing still rejected because of Incorrect fee(employer says they resent the petition with correct fee) but the status is not changed to pending/approved.. pls confirm if i travel out of US while my case is in rejected state (not in pending) will my COS get cancelled?

2. i will come back after oct 10 on L1 with new I-94, wht will happen if the petition is still in rejected/pending state and approved after that?

3. i will comeback after oct 10 on L1 with new I-94, wht will happen if i go again to my home country on Apr? can i comeback on L1 again(it is valid till 2010) or i can come only on H1 by getting the stamp.

Please advise..thx again for ur help!!

Comment

can anyone pls advise..thx so much

Comment

Hi Thxh1b, could you please reply on my queries..thx again and sorry to bother again and again

Comment

I doubt if USCIS will accept your H1b application if sent later with the correct fees.

1. Any travel involving change of I-94 will void COS if pending or not processed.
                    2. Nothing will happen. The petition, if accepted will get processed as a non-COS case.
                    3. Yes

You doing a leapfrog seems a waste to me as your H1b application is not going to be accepted by USCIS. But play it safe by travel if you want to work on L1.

Comment

oh is it? below is my status

Current Status: Case Rejected because of Incorrect Fee

we determined that this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was not properly filed because you submitted incorrect fee. Therefore, we have rejected your case and returned it to you with all supporting materials, along with the fee. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the case with correct fee.

As it is mentioned to resent with correct fee, employer sent it again. My concern is if in case it gets approved later then i cant retain my L1 Visa. thatswhy am planning for a travel to void it. if you are sure that it will not get approved then i may reconsider it..

thx a lot again for your replies..

Comment

If USCIS accepts the case, then a COS will void your L1 status and put you on H1b. If you want to work on L1, travel and get a new I-94. I doubt if USCIS will accept the case but you never know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X