Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Conflict

Hi,

On my passport the surname is printed as WATWE. Also on all experience letters it is printed as WATWE.

On my birth certificate as well as on degrees certificates it is printed as WATVE which is right.

I am going for VISA stamping very soon. So in Visa Interview this cause a problem? Also during immegration this may cause a problem. Is there any fullproof solution to this?

Thanks,
    KK

You need ...

... an affidavit indicating that these names belong to the same person.

Else, you need to get your passport corrected, which is the right thing to do else you'll have the conflict issue for life.

Good luck.

Comment

I believe thats not a problem.

Hi,
      I have a same problem.

sometime back, I posted a very similar query on this forum. The answer I got from a senior member that it should not be a problem as long as names in passport and petition docs match.

Comment

It's your choice after all ...

... you decide whether you need to keep the same documents or not.

We just try to give you the best possible advice with the information we have gathered over a period of time.

Also, remember things are getting more and more strict in the United States, so it's your call.

Good luck to you.

Comment

It all depends of officers inspecting your documents at PoE and at any layover airports in your journey you may have. You can imagine what will happen if someone decides not to budge and overlook it. Same applies when you go for getting important documents like the driving license, SSN card etc after landing in US.

Comment

Pradeepkumar Satyen Chauhan ...

... it's your choice finally. Do remember you're also (probably) going to apply for your GC and US citizenship. Every step of the way you're likely to run into issues.

One correction now, a little bit of effort and you'll sail smoothly always.

Anyway, can't stretch it too much.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by knowledgeable
              ... an affidavit indicating that these names belong to the same person.

Else, you need to get your passport corrected, which is the right thing to do else you'll have the conflict issue for life.

Good luck.
              Thanks for your reply. Is there any affedavit format that work in US as well as in India?

Comment

The affidavit created and used in ...

... India will work in the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X