lost passport with visa and I-94 stolen, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost passport with visa and I-94 stolen, need help

my passport with visa and I-94 was stolen in a house-burglary. I had applied for a passport renewal along with the application for duplicate passport, but I got a passport for a valdity of 1 year. also I applied for replacement I-94 card, but the processing time is more than 8 months, and without it, i cannot get a replacement Social security card, or renew my driving license. though I have my visa petition approval notice(in original), I am unsure about the future course of action.
    1) shall I travel back to india with my short validity passport, renew the passport there, get the visa stamped and then come back.(if yes, then what documents to I need to produce at the american consulate to get the visa stamped on the renewed passport)?
    2) would a passport without an I-94 be valid (i mean would I be allowed)for travelling to India?

need help!

Thanks in advance.

1. Your choice. You can goto india when you were planning to visit before you lost the documents. But your passport has to be valid for international travel. File a police report for this, take copies of the same etc. Wait for another senior member to respond on what you might exactly need to do.

2. You can leave US without your I-94.

Comment

To return to India on a valid ...

... passport, you don't have to have the I94. You can go back to India, get your visa stamped on the new passport and return to US.

When you return you'll automatically get a new I-94, use this for your SSN card and driver's license.

Take care and good luck.

Comment

You will be fine as long as you leave before the expiration date of the I-94. You also need to save the copy of your boarding pass, tickets, entry stamp in India and send it to ACS in Londaon, Kentucky once you get the duplicate I-94 from USCIS to get your departure records properly updated.

This is important as you may show up as one that has exceeded the stay if you don't do the above.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X