Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Entension

All
    Here is the situation, My current H1 expires on Sep 30th, so is my I-94. I got the extension approval(New I-797 for 3 more years). I was planning to go to Mexico(Tijuana) for my visa stamping, but there are no dates available till Oct21st. I am in dire need to travel to india by the end of september just for a week, I was hoping to travel to india after getting my stamping in mexico. Since this is not possible I would like to know if I can get the stamping done (while I am in india) within a week and come back to US.
    Do I get the passport back on the same day of appointment in India? I had never been to US consulate in India. My first stamping was in London. I am planning to attend Chennai consulate.
    Thanks in advance
    Sri

If u return back to US before 30 Sep then there will be no problem as u got valid visa and also approval notice from Oct 1st.

If ur return date is after 30t hSep U have to go for stamping.

As my knowledge they will n't return the passport on the same day.Mostly they will take 3 days to return passport.

If I am wrong correct me
    Last edited by vasu8430; 08-19-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vasu8430
      If u return back to US before 30 Sep then there will be no problem as u got valid visa and also approval notice from Oct 1st.

If ur return date is after 30t hSep U have to go for stamping.

As my knowledge they will n't return the passport on the same day.Mostly they will take 3 days to return passport.

If I am wrong correct me
      Thanks a lot for your reply, If I come back before 30th Sep and go for my stamping to Mexico in october, this doesn't make me out of status right??
      I guess I can still go to Mexico for the stamping.....

Comment

If you enter back before 30SEP, then you dont even need to goto mexico/canada for stamping unless you have a need of international travel.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
          If you enter back before 30SEP, then you dont even need to goto mexico/canada for stamping unless you have a need of international travel.
          Thanks, I am just wondering, If I come back to US before sep 30th can I still go to Mexico/Canada for extension stamping. I may need to go back to india in Nov/Dec. I want to get stamped before I go back to india the second time.
          I guess I made it clear now.....Please advice

Comment

Originally posted by talasila80
            Thanks, I am just wondering, If I come back to US before sep 30th can I still go to Mexico/Canada for extension stamping. I may need to go back to india in Nov/Dec. I want to get stamped before I go back to india the second time.
            I guess I made it clear now.....Please advice

Yes u can go to Mexico for stamping

Comment

Originally posted by vasu8430
              Yes u can go to Mexico for stamping
              Thanks for your help, I am clear now, I guess I have one more question...
              Can I travel to India when my H1 transfer(between my current employer and new company that hired me) to is in process?
              Sri

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X