Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B denied..OPT extension

Hello All,

I did my Masters and applied for H1b this year and it got denied. The denial notice was received last week and looks like we are going for MTR.

My question:
    My OPT is due expire in DEC, 2008. The company that I am currently working with applied for my H1B. My question is this. Can I go to a different company for getting my OPT extended while my H1B is in process with the current employer ? Will it create any complications ?

Any lawyers here, please advice.

This forum does not have lawyers.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      This forum does not have lawyers.
      No problem, any help is appreciated man. I was just wondering if there are and hence stated that.

Comment

Anyone ??? No one at all ?? Please help me out here guys

Comment

While on OPT you can work with any employer.

What was the reason of denial? What did you study and what kinda job were you applying for?

Comment

Originally posted by orion
            While on OPT you can work with any employer.

What was the reason of denial? What did you study and what kinda job were you applying for?
            Okay. But If I changed employer, who would I report the change to. So I can just decide to work with some other company from tomorrow on and that is fine ?
            When I am applying for the OPT extension through a different company, I am not exactly changing the employer because it's a wholly new petition or is this considered changing employer as well ? If so, Do I have to state that my employer on the post-graduation OPT was different than the one I am currently applying under ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X