Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP through husbands company,myself H1B

All,

I really search lot of sites for the answer to my question but in vain. So really looking for some expert answer if you can.

My situation is, I am on H1B visa with Company B and Approval letter is still valid for 2 more yrs. However my visa stamp in passport is through Previous Company A and Stamping has expired. From Company B i dont have any stamping on my passport just valid approval letter till 2010.

Now, i have received EAD and AP through my husband's company. I want to travel to India alone and do not intend to get H1B visa stamped on my passport. Would like to know while reentering USA do i need to enter using AP ? If so then my H1 through Company B will become invalid ? Would i be able to work in Company B using AP from husband's company ?

Pls let me know what are the risks involved to enter US in this situation. Your replies will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks.

To re-renter you either need AP or get a new visa stamping as your old visa has expired.

I think if you use AP to enter back, your status will not be H1. BUt no problem in continuing to work with company B, or for any company for that matter.

Comment

Thanks a lot Orion. I can continue working with EAD i know, bit i dont want to do that. I want to continue working on H1.

Any other experts with the same opinion ? ( or different ? )

Thanks,
      Anamika

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X