Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 to H1 & H1 transfer will get I-94 attached ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 & H1 transfer will get I-94 attached ?

Hi All,
    I have been working in USA since 1 year on L1 visa. When I was in India, I have also filled H1 petition from different company. After that I came to USA on L1 and working since 1 year since year. My H1 got approved 6 months ago. When I filled my H1 I was in India so I did not get my I-797 with I-94 attached. I can’t work on H1 without stamping because of no I-94 attached with I-797, is this correct ?. I don’t want to go for stamping right now, so if I ask my H1 filled company to file a abundant for this will take a 6 to 12 months time, I don’t want to do that.
    If I apply for H1 Transfer to different company, will new I-797 comes with I-94 attached, because right now I’m on L1 visa and have valid I-94. So If I submit my current L1 I-94 for H1 transfer , the new I-797 will attached to this I-94 or not ? If new I-797 comes with I-94 then what about L1 status?
    Please advise me ASAP.

Thank you,
    Vamsi

Originally posted by vamsi_kriss
    Hi All,
    I have been working in USA since 1 year on L1 visa. When I was in India, I have also filled H1 petition from different company. After that I came to USA on L1 and working since 1 year since year. My H1 got approved 6 months ago. When I filled my H1 I was in India so I did not get my I-797 with I-94 attached. I can’t work on H1 without stamping because of no I-94 attached with I-797, is this correct ?. I don’t want to go for stamping right now, so if I ask my H1 filled company to file a abundant for this will take a 6 to 12 months time, I don’t want to do that.
    If I apply for H1 Transfer to different company, will new I-797 comes with I-94 attached, because right now I’m on L1 visa and have valid I-94. So If I submit my current L1 I-94 for H1 transfer , the new I-797 will attached to this I-94 or not ? If new I-797 comes with I-94 then what about L1 status?
    Please advise me ASAP.

Thank you,
    Vamsi
    Yes, you find a new "H1 filled company" to file for a transfer instead a "abundant". Once its approved with a new I-94, you'll be on H1 and no more on L1.

Also, you can file for a COS from L1 to H1.

Comment

After the abundant* filing of H1b and approval of the abundant* COS, L1 becomes void.

* whatever that means.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ok, some gyan:

filled = filed
        H1 filled company = H1 filing company
        abundant = amendment (this is the winner of course )

(This wordlist is my guess but of course on approval of OP.)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X