Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa for Girlfriend ( am on H1-B)

Hello:

I am currently working on H1-B in US and my girl friend is in India doing her Phd from IIT. I wish to call her to meet me here and stay with me for one month in November. Her Phd is still not going to finish for another year or so.
    Does anyone has any experience in these type of situation?
    - What are the success rate for visa approval?
    - Any information, tips will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Any one can call GirlFriend / Friends / parents on B2 Tourist visa , you must have to follow the process for B2 tourist visa requierments , if any fraud cases or not Genuine cases found then VO will rejected at the time of interview.. so, send sponsorship letter & talk to your Girlfriend be prepare for interview that's it.. VO ask some questiones about you to your GF, but its normal, & she is doing Phd in IIT so I belive that she is sure intelligent-excellent & she can prepared for answering to VO.. follow the link on immihelp.com for tourist B2 visa or search into google best idea, heehhe best luck

Comment

Hey,
      Thanks for the help. I have sent all the documents and paperwork and her visa interview is scheduled on 12th Sep. One thing I am not sure of is working on a Phd for last couple of years and being still 1-2 years away till finishing will be a good enough reason to show the tie with the home country?
      Other thing I am having hard time finding is what sort of questions to expect on this type of situation. Immihelp has few sample questions for parents. No luck so far on google either.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X