• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt in DS156 - Q37

Hi guys,

The question 37, says,

=======
    37. Are Any of The Following Persons in The U.S., or Do They Have U.S. Legal Permanent Residence or U.S. Citizenship?
    Check mark appropriately on YES or NO. Write person's status in the U.S. (i.e., U.S. permanent resident, U.S. citizen, studying, working, etc.).
    =======

While applying B1, I had mentioned I have no relatives in US, but in fact my brothers are US residents. B1 got approved and I did travel.

Now while filling the form for H1, my employer asked me to fill it appropriately, but will not cause a problem, since I haven't filled it before and now directly saying "Brother is US citizen" ?

--Thanks

Lying on visa application is a crime and will result in serious consequences. You have to answer everything truthfully. Regarding the old lie, you just have to hope it goes unnoticed and if it gets noticed, the VO at their discretion could make a negative decision.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ya I know

But I had to follow the employer.

Now I am really worried what to do

Comment

You signed it, not your employer correct? You have no choice but to go with the truth now and not make matters worse for you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hmmmm

If the VO asks, questions on this, what would be the appropriate answer? I cannot say I missed it, neither I can say my employer asked me to do so.... I cannot stand silent either

Thanks

Comment

You are an adult and you cannot put blame on your employer. You sign the visa form after reading it and so you stand responsible for your actions and the content of the forms that you signed under perjury.

Comment

You lied about relatives in the US. Now you are worried about the consequences. You deserve to be denied for fraud. Will they catch you in your lie? It is anyones guess.

Comment

Well, take a chance and tell the truth if asked by the VO. Who knows you may not be asked on this issue. Good Luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X