Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping in Ciduad Juarez

Hi
    My H1 got approved for oct2008 and my H4 is going to expire in middle of october.I want to go to India in November first week to attend my brothers marriage so i want my H1 stamping to be done before i leave to India.

Is there anyone who attended interview in Cidudad Juarez,Mexico would like to share the information.Do we get any assistance services over there?

Is PIMS required for H4 to H1 status change.

Hi Chinnuv,

I went to Ciudad Juarez last week for my H1b renewal. The stamping went on fine and there were no issues. The VO were very easy and didnot ask any questions.

I was asked just to show my W2 documents, others were asked for mark trasncripts or so. Nothing major, there were 13 desis who attended with me and all got thru.

We all got the help of Victor Garcia (www.victorgarciainternational.com). He is a very friendly person and helped us ferrying from elpaso to juarez.

Please let me know if u have any questions, i will be happy to help you.

Thanks
    -E

Comment

Need help on PIMS Chek regarding.

Hi Ethanhunt,

I'm going to Cd. Juaraz consulate for visa stamping on Sep 8th. I'm going to use Victor Garcia services only.

I'm worrying about my PIMS chek. I have sent my information to PIMS 10 days and I did not get any response from them so far. In how many days did you get response from PIMS? Is it Mandatory? Can I go for stamping with out PIMS chek done if in case they don't clear my PIMS by Sep 8th? Last thing, How many days it took to get your passport back i.e., on the same day or the next day?

Thanks alot for your response on this.

Originally posted by EthanHunt
      Hi Chinnuv,

I went to Ciudad Juarez last week for my H1b renewal. The stamping went on fine and there were no issues. The VO were very easy and didnot ask any questions.

I was asked just to show my W2 documents, others were asked for mark trasncripts or so. Nothing major, there were 13 desis who attended with me and all got thru.

We all got the help of Victor Garcia (www.victorgarciainternational.com). He is a very friendly person and helped us ferrying from elpaso to juarez.

Thanks
      -E

Comment

You don't need services from any "Agents". Mexico permit that they obtain is NOT a legal document to enter Mexico. You are good to go without a permit or a visa as that permit is a money making business for such agents.

I've been to Mexico couple of times on my own and did the mistake of getting a permit once, the first time (Those days I was ignorant of the laws).

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi EthanHunt

Thank u for the information.I do have a question regarding PIMS Check is it necessary for H4 to H1 status change,if so how many days before should i have to send the information n after the interview do i get my passport on same day or next day.

Did VictorGracia took the bank recipt in advance or u took just before the interview.How much did he charge for the whole trip.

Thanks

Originally posted by EthanHunt
          Hi Chinnuv,

Thanks
          -E

Comment

Client letter regarding..

Hi Ethanhunt,

I'm going to Cd. Juarez consulate for my H1B extension. I woould like to carry a letter from client also along with other documents. Can you please provide me the same if you have?

Thanks much for your help.

Originally posted by chinnuv
            Hi EthanHunt

Thank u for the information.I do have a question regarding PIMS Check is it necessary for H4 to H1 status change,if so how many days before should i have to send the information n after the interview do i get my passport on same day or next day.

Did VictorGracia took the bank recipt in advance or u took just before the interview.How much did he charge for the whole trip.

Thanks

Comment

I have an appointment on the 3rd of September. I sent the infomration required for the PIMS clearance last Friday, haven't heard back yet. We'll see. I am going through Victor as well. Seems like he's a nice guy.
              Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by cnu1205
                Hi Ethanhunt,

I'm going to Cd. Juarez consulate for my H1B extension. I woould like to carry a letter from client also along with other documents. Can you please provide me the same if you have?

Thanks much for your help.
                How can you use ethanhunt's client letter??

Comment

I apologize. I meant to ask Ethanhunt is format of the client letter (sample one).

Originally posted by orion
                  How can you use ethanhunt's client letter??

Comment

We are in the same boat. I have sent my info to PIMS on 18th and not heard back yet. I will update this thread if I get my PIMS chek done. Can you please update on the same if your's done? Are going to take client letter for your interview? If so, Please post the sample format of the same. Also post your visa int. exp in this thread once you come back. Yes, VG is a nice guy. cool. Best of luck.

Thanks much for your response.

Originally posted by aph0025
                    I have an appointment on the 3rd of September. I sent the infomration required for the PIMS clearance last Friday, haven't heard back yet. We'll see. I am going through Victor as well. Seems like he's a nice guy.
                    Good luck.

Comment

PIMS Check cleared

Hi APH005,

Just I wanted to inform you that my PIMS Check is cleared today and I have sent couple of emails giving 3 days gap since 18th. Today I have received an email saying that my PIMS is cleared. Hope your PIMS check will clear soon.

We are in the same boat. I have sent my info to PIMS on 18th and not heard back yet. I will update this thread if I get my PIMS chek done. Can you please update on the same if your's done? Are going to take client letter for your interview? If so, Please post the sample format of the same. Also post your visa int. exp in this thread once you come back. Yes, VG is a nice guy. cool. Best of luck.

Thanks much for your response.

Comment

Hi APH005,

Just I wanted to inform you that my PIMS Check is cleared today and I have sent couple of emails giving 3 days gap since 18th. Today I have received an email saying that my PIMS is cleared. Hope your PIMS check will clear soon.
                        Hi cnu1205

Can i know what information is considered as PIMS,can u send me a sample
                        one or where can i find it?

THANKS

Comment

Sample PIMS

Hi Chinnuv,

you can e-mail your information to the US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico at: ([email protected])

You can write down something like this:

Dear Consulate Officer,

I am (your name), working as a (occupation) on H1-B with (company name). I scheduled an appointment at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico Consulate for getting my H1-B visa stamped on (appointment date) and my confirmation # is (#).

I would like to know if my PIMS check is already cleared for my I-129 petition.

My H1-B approval receipt # is ZZZ.. and my birthdate is ZZZ.. My phone # is XX... and my e-mail ID is XX...

Hope to hear from you soon.

(Normally they reply back in a couple of days.)

Originally posted by chinnuv
                          Hi cnu1205

Can i know what information is considered as PIMS,can u send me a sample
                          one or where can i find it?

THANKS

Comment

You need to send a pdf copy of the approval notice i.e I797.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

PIMS - What is PIMS? and why it is required

Hi,

PIMS - What is PIMS? and why it is required? What if I schedule my appointment after 15 days of approval and go for VISA stamping?

I have received Receipt for 797 and filed for premium processing. Can I schedule appointment before my 797 is approved?

Thanks,
                              Kapil Patel

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X