Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 156 - Question 37

Hi,

I am in US on H1B visa. My mother is visiting me. My younger brother's H1B has been approved and will be going for stamping at Chennai on 10/22/2008.

Now, there is a question in DS-156 "37. Are Any of The Following Persons in The U.S., or Do They Have U.S. Legal Permanent Residence or U.S. Citizenship?"

1. What should he answer for this question? I am not a "U.S. Legal Permanent Residence or U.S. Citizenship?"

2. Can he just anwser NO to these questions?

3. Is there anybody in the same situation as mine, who has answered NO to this question?

4. Is there anybody in the same situation as mine, who has answered YES and got the H1B visa stamping?

Seniors,

Please guide me on this issue.
    This is very urgent.

I answered yes to that question when I applied for my H-1B.I got H-1B.My brother has legal permanent resident.I think it should be yes for your case two.Shoould not be a problem.Never lie on DS-156 or `57.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Seniors please guide me on this.

Comment

your answer should be YES

Comment

Originally posted by visa2travel
          your answer should be YES
          If I answer yes will it affect the chances of getting the visa?

Comment

If you say NO then who is going to sponsor your mother. per your post i understand that she is coming to meet you and you are sponsoring her which means you are in the US.
            You need to say YES and mention the visa classification in Q.No 37.

Comment

Originally posted by visa2travel
              If you say NO then who is going to sponsor your mother. per your post i understand that she is coming to meet you and you are sponsoring her which means you are in the US.
              You need to say YES and mention the visa classification in Q.No 37.
              Thanks for your timely response.

No. Currently my mother is with me in US.

Now,
              1. Should my brother has to mention about both me and my mother in question 37?
              2. If he mentions that "1. Brother - H1B working" and "2. Mother - visiting", will it affect his chances of getting the visa?
              3. Is there any other better way to handle this situation?

Sorry for not making it clear at the first time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X