Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any last date of entering USA onceyou have been given H1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any last date of entering USA onceyou have been given H1 ?

Dear Immi Help Users ,

I have recieved my H1 Visa this year and I am eligible to enter the states 1st October onwards. However, due to family reasons, I might have to postpone the trip. I was thus curious to know if there is supposed to be any "last date" of entering as such.

If yes, then pls let me know.

If not, then is there a possibility that the immigration officer at the port of entry asks the reason of delayed entry

Also , there is a relatedquestion, I also have a valid B1/B2 Visa which they did not cancel. So after the H1 expires in 2011 , can I still use the B1/B2 Visa to enter States ?

Thankyou for your help.

Regds
    Vishruti

H1 and B1

I have recieved my H1 Visa this year and I am eligible to enter the states 1st October onwards. However, due to family reasons, I might have to postpone the trip. I was thus curious to know if there is supposed to be any "last date" of entering as such.

---- Yes, you can enter US any time after Oct 1. There is no time limit. Carry a letter from the emplyer to say that you are joining them from this day to be shown at the POE if asked

Also , there is a relatedquestion, I also have a valid B1/B2 Visa which they did not cancel. So after the H1 expires in 2011 , can I still use the B1/B2 Visa to enter States ?

---- Yes, you can but you may have to go out of the country and enter US with a I-94 for B1/B2. You may also apply for a COS from H1 to B1/B2 during the last month of H1

---- But why do you need to do this? Unless thare are personal reasons

Subramanya

Comment

Dear Subramanya Sir,

Thanks a ton for your reply.

If you feel appropriate and also if you could answer a related question, could you pls let me know your email ID so that I could ask you something. I can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks a lot in any case.

Comment

hi shruti

Hi shruti..

I would like to know in which consultate ur interview took place .. could you please let me know the details..

i would like to get in touch with u on mail.. am from mumbai..

Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X