Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Transfer: Is new stamping required if outside US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer: Is new stamping required if outside US?

Hi All: Would be greatly obliged if you could advise me on this situation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i) I was with the USA office of Company A from Jan'07 - Mar'08 on H1B.

ii) During this time (in Feb'08 while I was still in the USA), I transferred my H1B to Company B ( but didn't join the Company B). This transferred visa/I797 is valid till Jan 2011.

iii) I returned to the India office of Company A in April'08 and resigned. Upon resignation, Company A informed the US Embassy of my resignation and cancelled the H1B.

iv) The Visa stamping on my passport (that I got when I was with Company A) is valid till March '09.

v) Now, after my long vacation in India, I am ready to go back to USA to join Company B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I need to go the consulate to get a new Visa stamping (showing the I797 from Company B) or will my old Visa stamping (from Company A which has been informed to the US Embassy and cancelled) be good enough?

Thanks for your patient reading and your guidance!
    Last edited by wavy78; 08-28-2008, 03:01 AM.

No, just confirm with B if everything remains fine for you to enter.

Comment

Thanks Orion! That was a quick reply and is much appreciated.

One more query in this situation:
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While going through the I797A issued by Company B, I noticed that:

1) I have NOT handed over to INS the I94 attached in the approval notice I797A issued by Company B - the small tearoff portion on the right hand corner(Please note that I HAVE given back the original I94 that I had got in the flight while traveling on Company A's invitation. It was due to oversight that I didn't realize that I have to surrender this additional I94 also along with the old I94. Now that I have noticed it, I prefer not to have hassles, if any, later)

2) My name on the I797A is truncated and the Firstname/Familynames jumbled up(interchanged)

3) Do I need to apply Form I824 (Application for Action on an Approved Petition) ?
      Do I need to act on these & if yes, how do I go about setting this right?
      Last edited by wavy78; 08-30-2008, 08:08 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X