No announcement yet.

H-1B Status : DOCUMENT OTHER THAN CARD OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Status : DOCUMENT OTHER THAN CARD OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT

Hi,
    I have filed for H-1B extension along with my wife (H4). On August 14th we got the approval for both cases(H-1 and H-4) and i got my wifes I-539 approval hard copy in mail on August 20th. I have not received my copy till now, and today my case status shows the new status "DOCUMENT OTHER THAN CARD OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT". What does this mean. Have they mailed me my I-94 card ? Any reply is appreciated.
    Thanks.

Anyone..TxH1b ? Any idea what this could be. My case was approved on August 14th. I did not get my approval in mail yet. Could this be just a notification that they have now mailed my approval document. Thats my best guess. My case was for extesion of my H-1B for next 3 years.

Comment

H1 extension document is I797. The status is weird as it does not reflect the normal H1b approval status. But you just have to wait and watch as online status can never be considered foolproof.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

For everyone who has the same case as myself.
        I received the I-797 approval notice today. When i called USCIS they told me the address was not correct. I dont think that was the case as i got the approval the same day i called them.
        So, in my case the status was just the notification of USCIS sending me the approved document. Hope this helps.
        Vikrant

Comment

H1-b

THIS BEEN GOING SINCE AUGUST OF 2008
          I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: DOCUMENT OTHER THAN CARD OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT

On January 9, 2009, your document I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of January 9, 2009, contact our customer service at 1-800-375-8283. If you move while your case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your address

FINALLY I RECIEVED A LETTER SAYING

WE ARE ACTIVELY PROCEESING THIS CASE. HOWEVER WE HAVE TO PERFORM ADDITIONAL REVIEW ON THIS CASE AND THIS HAS CAUSED A LONGER PROCESSING TIME. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A DECISION OR OTHER NOTCE OF ACTION FROM US WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF THIS LETTER, PLESE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

***PLEASE CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

Comment

similar situation like vthakar

Even i have similar situation like vthakar.Applied for h1b extension along with my wife H4.Got approval email notice from uscis on feb17th 2010.On march 3
            2010 my H1b status changed saying DOCUMENT OTHER THAN CARD OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT.I called up my lawyer to see if he recieved my approval notice or not.He said he recieved my wife h4 extension approval notice but not mine and he said it was mailed on march 3 2010 and will be getting in 3 to 4 business days.I am hoping its my i 797 hard copy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X