Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 woith COS , want to continue with L1

Hi,
    I have H1 with COS but want to continue with L1 . I went through forum and understood that

1. I need to go Mexico and come out .
    2. L2 (wife) need not to go to Mexico .

Kindly confirm point 1.

I have question that
    - if i go on 30th Sept and come back on 1st Oct (morning/afternoon) . Will it be fine for me to come back on L1.

- how many minimum hrs i need to spend in mexico and i can come back to US in L1

Please guide me as i didnt find any postings on dates and i dont want to stay in for long time as it requires a lot of planning /hotels/leave from office.

Thanks,

Hours, days are immaterial. Key is to leave before and enter after Oct 1st and to get a NEW I-94 and turn your old L1 I-94 back,

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I had one question that Do i need to take L2 holder( my wife ) also with me ?

Comment

Did her status change to H4 as well? If not, No as your absence is temporary.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X