Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer w/o joining the sponsor company while in india

Hi,

Can some one please help me out and let me know whether it is possible to transfer H1B from company A to a company B for which I am currently working in India w/o even joining them in US i.e. I will not be having any paystubs from company A. I have never visited US either for company A or B.
    • Is it possible to get this transfer done to company B while I am in India working for company B w/o paystubs from company A as I have never gone to US ?.
    • If the answer to the above question is "Yes", the other question I have is how much time this whole process will take?
    • And if this transfer is rejected by USCIS then is it possible to travel to US for company A or will my H1b will get nullified cause of rejection..
    • And one more thing will there be new stamping required in case it is transferred..

Please seniors answer my queries as it is very urgent for me.

Thanks,
    RoopSK

Paystubs are needed if you are in US to prove your status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hey I have never been to US

Hey txh1b,

I got your point about paystubs are needed if one is in US.
      But what if one has never one been to US on H1B visa or any other visa for company A, can we still get the transfer to company B while in India.
      Also if it is possible then what is the process how much time it will take? As in my case time is a major factor because I have only 2 years left on my visa of the initial 3 years time for H1B visa. Do I have to go for another stamping with consulate or the initial stamping will work?

Or should I go to US on H1 for company A and work with them for 6 months and then if required go for a transfer?

Please guide me about what is best for me?

Thanks,
      RoopSk

Comment

The answer remains the same. Your H1b can be transferred to another employer. The process is no different than applying for a new H1b with a proof of your prior approval showing cap count. You decide what is best for you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X