Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt in DS-156

Hi ,

I am indian citizen working on H1-B my wife is filling DS-156 for H4 visa I have doubt in Question 2 and 3.

she is indian citizen but her family is settled in Muscat(OMAN) from last 8-10 year but they are indian citizen. She got new passport from Indian Embassy Muscat.Now my question is what should she fill in below qestions.

DS-156 QUESTION 2. Place of issuance: City

Should she write for above question : INDIAN EMBASSY MUSCAT or Muscat

DS-156 Question 3. Issuing Country :

What should she answer above question : OMAN or INDIA.

Thanks in Advance

Can anyone pls answer my question.

Thanks

Comment

Give as per your passport (passport your submitting during visa interview)….

Comment

which country you renewed your last Valid passport (not expired) that you have to mentioned and take all passport at time of interview. best luck

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
          which country you renewed your last Valid passport (not expired) that you have to mentioned and take all passport at time of interview. best luck
          thanks for reply OMM.
          one small doubt.
          If she answer Q.2 place of Issuance - city : Indian Embassy Muscat(OMAN). not a problem I think so.

But if she answer Q.3 Issuing country : OMAN is it ok becuase she donot have OMANI passport she has Indian passport but issued by Indian Embassy(OMAN) so what should she answer this Question OMAN OR INDIA.

Pls give your suggestions.

THanks in advance.

Comment

you must have to fill New passport Details, If it's issued from CITY , STATE/Prov, Country, which all are info already on passport. you have to fill it. if your renewal passport issued ind-embassy in oman then what they wrote in place of issue? everythin mentioned on first page , you must have to written the same in DS-156. see first page of passport. if you wrote something else then problem for you.

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
              you must have to fill New passport Details, If it's issued from CITY , STATE/Prov, Country, which all are info already on passport. you have to fill it. if your renewal passport issued ind-embassy in oman then what they wrote in place of issue? everythin mentioned on first page , you must have to written the same in DS-156. see first page of passport. if you wrote something else then problem for you.
              Thanks for your quick reply.
              sorry for bugging you again
              On first page of passport there is only one thing Place of Issue i.e MUSCAT and will fill muscat only in Field place of Issue - City.

but there is nothing like STATE/PROV or Issue country so what should i fill these fields...

pls advice

Comment

See this IMAGE OF DS-156

See Carefully, in Q.2 , Place of Issueance city, country, State provience, and Q3. is in Issuing country..
                R u sure that R u reading everything carefully, am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
                  See Carefully, in Q.2 , Place of Issueance city, country, State provience, and Q3. is in Issuing country..

yes in form DS-156 its there Q2 and Q3 .

But on passport first page there is only Place of issuance city i.e MUSCAT. No where on passport i find State provience and ISSUing COuntry.

SO wat should i wrong for these two State provience and ISSUing COuntry.
                  coz no where in Passport its written State provience and ISSUing COuntry. so what should i fill there .. INDIA or OMAN
                  Sorry if I am confusing you .

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
                    Thanks for reply OMM.
                    Sorry for confusing you and bugging you again and agin.
                    Yes you are write Q.2 , Place of Issueance city, country, State provience, and Q3. is in Issuing country is there in DS-156 form.

But I am talking about Passport first page. In passpost Place of Issuance is there and that is MUSCAT and i will fill same in Q2, Place of Issuance.

But my main concern what should I answer for Q3. Issuing Country as she has indian passport but issued by Indian Embassy city Muscat and Country is OMAN. But on passport there is no where written Issuing country OMAN

So Pls advice regarding issuing contry name should i put OMAN or India.

Thanks for your help.

I

Comment

Passport issues

Yes you are write Q.2 , Place of Issueance city, country, State provience, and Q3. is in Issuing country is there in DS-156 form.

But I am talking about Passport first page. In passpost Place of Issuance is there and that is MUSCAT and i will fill same in Q2, Place of Issuance.

But my main concern what should I answer for Q3. Issuing Country as she has indian passport but issued by Indian Embassy city Muscat and Country is OMAN. But on passport there is no where written Issuing country OMAN

---- The issuing country for your Passport is India. If you hold a Indian Passport and get it renewed or take a new Passport (as in the case of a lost Passport) the issuing country will remain India, thought he place of issue can be at any Indian Consulate outside India

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- The issuing country for your Passport is India. If you hold a Indian Passport and get it renewed or take a new Passport (as in the case of a lost Passport) the issuing country will remain India, thought he place of issue can be at any Indian Consulate outside India

Subramanya
                        Thanks alot Subramanya.

That what I also thought but I got confused.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya

Subramanya
                          ok so i am going to fill as follows :

Q.2 , Place of Issueance city : MUSCAT
                          State provience : Sultanat of OMAN

Q3 : Issuing Country : INDIA.

Pls correct me if I am wrong .

THanks All.

Comment

yes it's true.. in my case I wrote S.Africa. becasue in my passport of issue they wrote S.Africa , so, I ask you again and again about issuing country.. if they don't wrote issuing country then must be India you have to wrote..
                            best luck

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
                              yes it's true.. in my case I wrote S.Africa. becasue in my passport of issue they wrote S.Africa , so, I ask you again and again about issuing country.. if they don't wrote issuing country then must be India you have to wrote..
                              best luck
                              Thanks Alot OMM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X