Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Approval pending

Hello,

I've applied for a fresh H1 this year. It got picked up in lotter and was sent for processing on May 06.
    Till date, the USCIS site states "pending". This is sent to Vermont Service Centre.

I've the following questions:

1) I heards that Vermont Service Centre is really slow at processing. Is it true?

2) Since I've to start work on Oct 01 on my H1, is there any possibility of getting my H1 before Sept 30 ?

3) I called and emailed my consultant requesting them to send a copy of the receipt that they got back from USCIS. They are just assuring and not sending it to me. I'm worried now. What should I do ?

4) Is it true that some fresh H1 cases gets approved after Oct 01 also ?

Please let me know. Thanks.

You may not begin work on H-1B until you get the approval notice even if it is after Oct 1. It may not be processed before that date.

Comment

TxH1B, could you answer this question?
      Thank you

Comment

I've the following questions:
        1) I heards that Vermont Service Centre is really slow at processing. Is it true?
        2) Since I've to start work on Oct 01 on my H1, is there any possibility of getting my H1 before Sept 30 ?
        3) I called and emailed my consultant requesting them to send a copy of the receipt that they got back from USCIS. They are just assuring and not sending it to me. I'm worried now. What should I do ?
        4) Is it true that some fresh H1 cases gets approved after Oct 01 also ?

ANSWER:
        1--- NO , Vermont centre is faster and it's depend on USCIS Time frame limit.

2--- Your Petition is Pending? ok then why it's pending? and what's the documents they need ask your employer, or if it's Approved then ask for I-797B Original Reciept.
        3--- you said that Your case is Pending Right, then why you ask to your employer for sending copy of the reciept, your Question is full of mistakes and please mentioned clearly that you got approved or still your CASE IS Pending??? You are creating CONFUSION here??
        4--- yes, it's true that H1B if it's pending and under RFE then they will sure send you approval notice.

For more Ask your employer to send documents if its pending or in RFE process. otherwise not possible to get visa.
        best luck .. OMM

Comment

My petition is "Pending" for approved. This is what the USCIS site shows.
          I'm talking about the eacxxxxx .....number that the employer gets from USCIS when they start processing the visa.

I want to know if this eac number belongs to me. So I need to have a copy of the proof that shows my name and my employer names.

My employer is not sendig this copy to me. What is the technical term for this document ?

Comment

TxH1B, could you answer the questions asked on 09-04-2008, 11:42 AM?
            Thank you

Comment

What does pending for approved mean?

You can only verify the infor from the I797C, the actual receipt sent to the petitioner or from the approval notice (I797).

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

My Case was received by USCIS on May 08 2008.
                Till now the status of my case is pending when I check on the USCIS website.
                Employer gave me an eac number and asked me to keep track of the status on the USCIs website.
                I do so everyday but see the status pending.

I've asked for the receipt number just to be sure that the eac number belongs to me because the USCIS website does not show the name of the petitioner and the beneficiary.

Is this receipt called I297 ?

Also, how do I make sure that the receipt number that he gave is genuine ?

Does it happen that H1B approval take beyond Oct 01 to get approved ?

Comment

I797C is what you need.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X