• Show
Clear All

• I-94 expires on 1st Oct 2008

Hi All,

I have a question

1) I have a valid H1B I - 797 till Feb 2010
    2) My VISA Expires on 1st Oct 2008
    3) I-94 expires on 1st Oct 2008

Do I have to get my visa stamped, or renew my i94?

Will I go out of status? Why could be other complications with this?

Thanks,
    Srikanth

You probably did not present your I797 upon entry which resulted in a shorter I-94 date.

1. Try to go to CBP and get it corrected by showing the I797. If they refuse (they will unless you are lucky)
    2. File for a H1b extension through your employer and wait for approval. This has to be done immediately or you will be Out of status past Oct 1st and cannot work.

3. Travel to Cananda/mexico, return and get a new I-94 valid till DOE of I797.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I presented the new I797 and even then the immigration officer gave me the i94 same date as my Visa. I argued with him and he said I should have stamped it while coming from India.

Comment

Originally posted by srikanthduddala
        I presented the new I797 and even then the immigration officer gave me the i94 same date as my Visa. I argued with him and he said I should have stamped it while coming from India.
        They need to know better. No point in arguing. I generally take what they give and then head to the deferred inspection office. They have no problems correcting it as they know the laws better.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Issue Resolved

Hi,

I got my i94 corrected in CBP office IAD. Thank you.

Srikanth

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X