Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Stamping Questions

Hi,
    I am on a H1B Visa which was extended. Now i need to go out of US and re-enter. What i understand is i need to get my VISA Stamped before i can re-enter US. Can you please let me know what the procedure is for getting my extended VISA stamped on my passport?

1. How do i apply/schedule an interview for stamping?
    2. What documents/applications are required for VISA Stamping?

Thanks and Awaiting for a response.

I thought the question which i had asked was a basic question? Looks like nobody knows the answer!!!!
    This is the first question i have posted on the forum and the response is really pathetic. I posted this message on Sep 4th and today is 12th.... If i can't get a simple answer in so many days, this forum is crap and i have lost hope in it.
    Last edited by jjose99; 09-12-2008, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Hi,

if you go through the forums seriously - u will find the answers to your questions immediately but it seems u did not want to do that!!!!

Anyway - Its not ur H1 VISA which got extended , it ur H1 Work permit which got extended.
      Answers to your questions:

(1) There is no separate process for scheduling an appointment for Candidates who are going for H1 Visa re-stamping.
      You have to take an appointment in the same way - you have taken first time for your H1 i.e. taking the appointment ONLINE and before that paying for the required FEES through the bank for the Receipt No.

(2) Please see the list required for H1 Stamping in the immihelp website.again there is no special provision for H1 holders going for stamping second time.
      I am just mentioning the some of the main documents/Misc documents but it is not complete list.-refer the website for it:
      1. I797
      2. DS 156 and DS157 forms with photos(50 X 50)
      3. Passports
      4 DD's (fees for Visa Processing)
      5. Employers letter to consulate/Employment Verification Letter
      6. I129 and LCA

1. Original certificates and marksheets
      2. Paystubs
      3. W2 and 1040Z tax return forms
      4. Experience letters
      5. company inside outside pictures - on the safer side
      6. Old I797 - if u have
      7. Client letter - if working at the client site

1. Bank statements
      2. Utility bills
      3. Coworkers affidavit letters - on the safer side
      4. SSN Card- on the safer side
      5. Offer letter

--Abhay

Comment

Originally posted by jjose99
        If i can't get a simple answer in so many days, this forum is crap and i have lost hope in it.
        People expect that you do some homework and the forum does not spoon feed anyone. Feel free to find another source other than this "crappy" forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Formats

Hi,

Abhay, it is really complete list of documents and also added optional documents as well.

Thanks,

If possible May I have formats for>>

Client Letter
          Coworkers affidavit Letters

Thanks,
          KP

Comment

Question

Dear Experts,
            Seems we have professionals here, great. Thank you Abhay for your great list of documents. I really needed that.

I provided most of them for my interview (in 7 days) just except of internal photo of my target workplace in US. I just have other question.

In H1B petition, I had two sponsors. Company A and Company B both sponsored me, but just the B's petition accepted in lottery (So I have only one I797 form).

I myself, thought that it's good to inform the officer about this but I wanted to be sure about that. What you think? Is it right to tell him/her about this? If it's right, do I need to provide proof documentation for that? If so, what would be the proof document?

I really appreciate your helpful comments and I really respect immihelp website, I learned very much here.

Thanks in advance,
            * Roozbeh

Comment

Regarding H1 B Stamping in Malawi- Lilongwe US Consulate

My name is XYZ (Indian Nationality), and I am staying in Malawi- Lilongwe on Temporary Residence Permit for work reasons.

During my stay in Malawi, and because of tight schedule I am planning to stamp my H1 B from Malawi- Lilongwe US Consulate.

Please let me know if I am eligible to do my H1B stamping from Malawi- Lilongwe US Consulate.

Comment

In general you can apply for a Visa at any US consulate. But a particular consulate may have restrictions depending on where you got your previous H1 Visa if any. Check their website to see if they have any such restrictions.
                Also, if a consulate sees very few H1/L1 applications (like the one in Malawi I suspect), they may not be experienced in evaluating foreign degrees. If you have a US degree, that will make this easier.
                This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X