W2 forms,please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2 forms,please help.

I'm scheduled for visa interview at new delhi in the 3rd week of this month and i have all the employer related docs viz employer's 3 yrs tax returns , notarized list of employess with title ,salary etc, wage report etc
    Do i need to have W2 forms of employer's employees?

Are quaterly wage and withholding report AND unemployment wage report two different things? i'm asking this as i have only the former.
    If i require that can I get those as scanned copies via email from my prospective US employer?

plz guide .
    Last edited by h1bdesire; 09-06-2008, 12:01 PM.

Why would you need W2s of other employees? No sane person would ask for this or give this info. It is private info and no VO will ask for such crazy things.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanx Txh1b for yr reply.
      Actually few members have posted their experiences today on this forum about their visa interview n they have been given 221 g as visa officer asked for W2 forms.
      plz excuse my ignorance on the subject matter , I would appreciate when visa oficer asks for W2 what does he/she is reffering to?
      Like I have explained i have only the quaterly wage and witholding report along with tax returns and notarized list of employees pertaining to the documents from my employer's side.
      plz advise asap
      thanx

Comment

A W-2 form is what an employer provides every employee each year to detail the pages paid, taxes withheld and forwarded to various taxing authorities (state, federal, and local governments). It is used to file taxes.

It is possible that the W-2 forms are being requested for individuals who are getting stamping after working in the US following a COS. In this case it would verify that the employer has paid the employee the required wages (i.e. not "benched" him without pay).

When you go to the interview, carry the documents provided by your employer. If the VO requires something else from the employer, you will be advised what it is. If your employer is legitimate and well known, he will have provided you with all of the proper documents so do not worry.

Comment

May be it is the tax return of the employer's company that the VO was asking about. They will never ask for another person's W2.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Let me add that VOs do not request the same information from every visa applicant. An unknown, new company will need to provide more information than a well known, long established, and known to be reputable one. For example, some employers are asked for photographs of the work site; Oracle and Microsoft certainly do not need to provide that.

The fact that another applicant was asked to have their employer supply a particular document does not mean that your employer will need to supply that same document. By the same token, you may be asked to supply something that your friend was not asked for. If you have a reputable, established employer, he will be familiar with the requirements so don't be overly concerned.

Comment

Thanks Txh1b and C4us for your appropriate and quick advice.

Comment

what is W2

what is W2? anybody can explain?

Comment

Originally posted by imagine
                  what is W2? anybody can explain?
                  Google can!

Comment

I did already in #4

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X