Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Stamping at DELHI Consulate

Hi,

My wife is going for the H4 Visa Stamping. It is H4 renewal Stamping from my new company B.
    Her first H4 visa from company A expired this week.

So for Delhi Consulate - do we require ORIGINAL I-129 and LCA or the Photocopies will do.
    Because I assume original we submit to the USCIS for the petition approval.

Also , main issue is my new company lost my original I-797 approval notice.We have filed for the Duplicate of the same.
    Can she take the Receipt notice that we have filed for the duplicate copy and the photocopy of the I-797 Approval Notice.
    Also I have the new extended I-94 - Can she show that also to confirm that I am staying legally in US.

Thanks for your help and time.

Regards,
    Abhay

Originally posted by abhayg4
    Hi,

My wife is going for the H4 Visa Stamping. It is H4 renewal Stamping from my new company B.
    Her first H4 visa from company A expired this week.

So for Delhi Consulate - do we require ORIGINAL I-129 and LCA or the Photocopies will do.
    Because I assume original we submit to the USCIS for the petition approval.

Also , main issue is my new company lost my original I-797 approval notice.We have filed for the Duplicate of the same.
    Can she take the Receipt notice that we have filed for the duplicate copy and the photocopy of the I-797 Approval Notice.
    Also I have the new extended I-94 - Can she show that also to confirm that I am staying legally in US.

Thanks for your help and time.

Regards,
    Abhay
    She needs only Original I-797 but show them first Photocopy of it, if it's not ok they ask her for show Original I-797 then show them nothing problem. Rest of documents is just Photocopy is enough. ohh remember marriage certificate you need in Original + photocopy, sumtimes they needs photocopy of it. best luck for stamping

Comment

Hi,

I forget to mention that she has the ORIGINAL I-797C (Employers Copy) and my company has Lost - I797A (the one with extended I-94).

So can she show the Original I-797C and photocopy of I-797A to get the H4 Visa ?

Thanks,
      Abhay

Comment

Originally posted by abhayg4
        Hi,

I forget to mention that she has the ORIGINAL I-797C (Employers Copy) and my company has Lost - I797A (the one with extended I-94).

So can she show the Original I-797C and photocopy of I-797A to get the H4 Visa ?

Thanks,
        Abhay
        yes, you can show, send her your 36 or full passport's photocopy, you H1B visa is valid so no problem, because new copy of I797 will takes time. and take new I-94 from POE , nothing problem in it.
        -omm

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the update.
          actually my H1 Visa in my passport is also expiring next week.

So - my wife can not show my Visa as the proof.
          She has only I-797C -Original - which shows that it is a approval notice valid till 2010. But I-797C is just a reference copy of the employer.

But she is having only the photcopy of I-797A (as the original one is Lost).
          and we applied for the duplicate of the same , but it will take time.
          So can she show following documents for her H4:
          (a) Original I-797C
          (b) Photcopy of I-797A
          (c) Photcopy of my extended I-94
          (d) Receipt Notice that we have applied for the duplicate of I-797A

Thanks,
          Abhay

Comment

Due to PIMS verification, a photocopy of the petition is good enough as consulate can verify it's authenticity.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks .......for the information.

Comment

PIMS Verification in New Delhi

Hi,

My wife and I have H1-B visa appointment in New Delhi on Oct 7th. Is it required to do PIMS verification in New Delhi? Has anyone gone for H-1B in New Delhi and share their experiences?

Comment

Successful H4 Stamping Delhi Consulate

Hi Guys ,

My wife and daughter had a successful interview without any hassle at Delhi consulate . I was following on this forum for quite sometime and was really concerned about the outocme .

BUt the experience is really wonderful .

VO asked to show principal applicant I 797 and last stamped visa (2008 jan)

VO did some research for 5 minutes on her computer and THAT's IT VISA was given and they received the passport in 3 days at home address

I think people with only negative results are posting on such forums and really demotivating people .

Let's rejuveniate everybosy who is planning to go for stamping by putting more success results

Thanks and Best of luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X