Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Question

Hi friends ,

I have a question regarding h4 visa. Whether the applicant's middle and last name on marriage certificate need to be same as the name on passport since my fiancé has her fathers name and last name on passport. (If yes then can we get marriage certificate with the same name as on passport). Because of short amount of time, I would try to avoid her name change process (on passport).

Further I am also interviewing for H1B at chennai but I was wondering how can I schedule an interview for both (H1B and H4) at the same time such that I will be interviewing in English and my fiancé will be using a translator since her English is not fluent. (Also is there any way so that I can be her translator). Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by stonecold40123
    Hi friends ,

I have a question regarding h4 visa. Whether the applicant's middle and last name on marriage certificate need to be same as the name on passport since my fiancé has her fathers name and last name on passport. (If yes then can we get marriage certificate with the same name as on passport). Because of short amount of time, I would try to avoid her name change process (on passport).

Further I am also interviewing for H1B at chennai but I was wondering how can I schedule an interview for both (H1B and H4) at the same time such that I will be interviewing in English and my fiancé will be using a translator since her English is not fluent. (Also is there any way so that I can be her translator). Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you.
    Name on passport should be Husband's Surname & Name. last page is there for her father & mother name. but on first page Surname & name must be same of your surname & name as you are husband. you have to change it.
    -- Omm

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
      Name on passport should be Husband's Surname & Name. last page is there for her father & mother name. but on first page Surname & name must be same of your surname & name as you are husband. you have to change it.
      -- Omm
      Wrong! Wife can chose to maintain her maiden name and apply for the visa based on it. Get the marriage certificate to match the PP.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot txh1b for correct advice. I appreciate your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X