X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b stamping in Singapore

Hi Friends,

Here is my Situation;

me and my wife,both residents of singapore, have h1b approved this year through the same consultancy firm and the company has already received the approval notice. We are planning to appear for visa interview sometime end of this month with Singapore Embassy and the company is going to send all the documents by next week.

Since we both are going for visa interview, I have few concerns regarding our cases:

1 We both are planning to go for visa interview on the same day. So, who should go first so that it would not interfere others interview? Or does it really make any difference?

2 Will visa officer ask any of us that since you are married why you haven't bring your spouse together? Can we say that the other also has h1b interview on the same day?

3 I am not sure whether my wife would face any questions regarding that she is married and does she have any spouse issues or what if mine H1b is not going to approved? would she still be interested to pursue her h1b or like that?

4 My h1b was denied last year because of company project document issue with same singapore embassy. So I am not sure does it going to make any impact this time or not? Any help appreciated.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me to find any of the answers.

Thanks.

1. Does not make a difference.

2. Yes, can be said as there is nothing wrong in both attending the H1b interview. There is more harm if one lies.

3. If so, tell what you plan on doing. H4 may be?

4. As long as new company job offer is genuine, you will be fine.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thnks txh1b, ur answer is really helpful!...

but, regarding point 4, how do i give more evidence that the job offer is genuine..I will have the project report document and other docs sent by the company..how else can i be assured that they will be convinced??

Appreciate your help.

Comment

If it is a consulting company, an internal project would seem very suspicious to the VO. How many consulting companies run by one person have internal projects? I have seen NONE. They would ask for documentation of the project or other details which you should be able to provide.
        221(g) was unheard of in the past. Now it has become a routine. Why? Because VOs know the tricks.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

thanks for your time and effort to thoroughly answer my questions.

I guess my denial last year is due to poor project document given to me by my company. They initially gave me just 1 page letter describing the project and I was issued 221g to submit the full project report along with other company docs and later they denied my case.

So this time, I believe the VO must be aware about my denial reason and they are definitely going to ask me about the project report and I must take the full project report (containing market analysis, project proposal and other information) around 30-50 pages with me. I will also be carrying all other company docs such as IT returns of last 3 years, wage reports, compay location photographs etc..Do you think that should be enough?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X