Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will our I94 be taken while exiting US for a visit to Mexico or Canada

Hi Frns,

I have to do a leap frog and for that Iam planning to visit either Mexico or Canada. My question here is while exiting the US our I94 is taken or not??
    or if they dont take it can we vollountarily return and return to US on fresh I94??

Thanks in advance.

The Canadian/Mexican authorities will not accept the I-94. In that case, return it while entering the US to the CBP officer and get a new I-94. This is essential for the leapfrog to work. Be informed about the 30 day rule below.

The departure portion of CBP Form I-94 and passport is to be in the applicant’s possession at all times until the applicant departs the United States. If an applicant boards a commercial conveyance to depart the United States, the transportation carriers are:

To remove the departure portion of the CBP Form I-94 from the applicant’s passport.
    Annotate the reverse of the departure portion of the CBP Form I-94 with the facts of the applicant’s departure from the United States.
    Return the departure portion of the CBP Form I-94 to the nearest CBP office.
    It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the transportation carriers collect the applicant’s departure portion of the CBP Form I-94. If an applicant departs the United States by way of land through Canada or Mexico, it is the applicant’s responsibility to return the departure portion of the CBP Form I-94 to Canadian or Mexican Immigration Officer upon departing the United States, unless it is retained for automatic revalidation upon re-entry to the United States within 30 days of departure to contiguous territory for all nonimmigrants (or additionally, adjacent islands for F, J, and M nonimmigrants) (see 8 CFR 214.1 and 22 CFR 41.112 for complete information on automatic revalidation).

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hi thanks for the reply..what would be the best thing to do for leap frog to work...

Comment

hi thx
        i wan to go to mexico on 29th something like that..and my lawyer said even if they dnt take the I94 i can volunatirily submit the I94 and reenter onfresh I94 for the leapfrog to work...plase let me know any suggestions???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X