Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 stamping at New Delhi

Hi Txh1b and other senior members
    we had H1/H4 stamping today@ Delhi consulate, everything went fine VO just asked about my salary and designation and told us that you will be receiving your passport through courier within 4-5 working days.
    they kept my original I797, please guide if i need this document while entering US, I have a xerox copy of I797.

please reply asap

H1 Petition

we had H1/H4 stamping today@ Delhi consulate, everything went fine VO just asked about my salary and designation and told us that you will be receiving your passport through courier within 4-5 working days.
    they kept my original I797, please guide if i need this document while entering US, I have a xerox copy of I797.

---- Yes, they will return the I-797 alongwith your Passports. You do need the petition to show that you are working for a employer listed on the petition, although nobody will look at it specifically

Subramanya

Comment

Hi,

Maybe they kept your I-797 original to do the PIMS Verification.
      But don't worry - it will be returned with your passport.

I am just telling from my experience - when they keep your originals - just tell them in a very polite way - that can I have my originals back./or my originals are with you.
      So , they will confirm you that they have kept your originals intentionally and not by MISTAKE.

----Abhay
      ==============================
      Senior members , please confirm

Comment

I second Abhay. Even VFS site says so. VOs are supposed to return all documents in original and if they keep anything by oversight, it is okay to ask it back. If it gets lost, it is a pain to get it back.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b
          please guide what to do now, as we are back to home

thanks in advance

Comment

Wait for your passport. If they don't send it back, ask VFS and they will contact the consulate. You can also email the consulate with your passport, interview date and the details.

Entering US is not a problem. You can enter with a copy of the I797 and I have done it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank you very much, I will update after receiving my passport.
              thanks txh1b for your kind help.

Comment

please guide what exactly is the PIMS Verification....
                actually initially my H1 was through employer A and I transferred it to employer B( i.e. a fresh H1 not subject to cap) before oct 1st.
                is it related with this?

Comment

Go to immihelp.com. In the search window type PIMS and you will see what it is from the results.

Comment

don't worry my friend, your original approval notice will come back with your passport.
                    I actually asked the visa officer after the interview about that n vo told me that it will be returned to u with passports which they did.
                    So relax.

Comment

Hi all
                      we received our passport, and I797 came along with passport, thanks for your help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X