Travel on pending H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on pending H1

I still do not have an aprroved H1B. The status displayed in USCIS website is still pending. I'm going to Pak on 25 Sept and will retun on Oct 12.

a) Will my travel during the pending H1 void the COS ? Can I enter on L1 on Oct 12?

b) Will POE question me about my H1 ?

c) Suppose my H1 gets approved while I'm out of US, what will the status of my L1B be ?

d) Suppose my H1 gets approved after I come back from the US, what will the status of L1 be? can I work on L1 ?

e) In past forrums, I have seen that people have asked whether or not one should inform the H1 employer about the travel. Many answers say "No need".
    But then what will the H1 employers role be when the H1 COS is void ?

Thanks.

1. Yes, if you have the visa for L1 and the L1 petition is approved. It will void the COS but the application continues to be processed.

2. NO. Why should they? It is not illegal to have a H1b but use a different status.I am not sure why people are complicating thoughts on this.

3. If you are out of US, you DO NOT hold a status. Whichever status you use while returning will be the status you hold after the return.

4. Your status will be L1

5. Nothing. Comes into picture again if they want to file for an amendment to COS again back to H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you, TxH1B.
      I promise, I'll not bud you anymore

I appreciate your prompt response and your help to the immigrants who really need guidance.

Thank you once again.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

is this applicable for L1B Blanket Visa as well ? ( i have L1B visa stamped on my passport valid till 2010) and my case also same as above..

pls advise

Comment

Valid concern. Mine is also L1B (Blanket) visa and valid till Sept 09.

Comment

Why? L1b blanket people should not travel or what? Isn't that visa a multiple entry visa?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X