Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start date in the Employment Letter

Hello,

I recently joined company 'A' and transfered my H1B. Basically, I started working with the company from Jul 7th but it took time for them to apply my H1B transfer and my H1B application was accepted by USCIS on Jul 31st. Inbetween, for this 3 weeks period, they paid after 31st July only. I am going for my H1B visa stamping to Delhi and my company has mentioned the STARTING DATE in the Employment Verification Letter as Jul 7th( my real working start date).

I would like to know if this is going to create any problem as I was on their pay roll from 31st Jul, the day my H1B transfer application was accepted.

I would really appreciate if someone could give me some info on this.

Thank You.
    Raju

Your situation is messy. It will result in seriuos consequences later on during your green card.

You starting work prior to the filing of H1b violates your status as well as makes it illegal to use AC21 after that. This will deem the entire period that you worked until the H1b got approved as illegal work or work without authorization.

It may go unnoticed now but will come back to haunt you during your GC. This is from a famous immigration attorney and I am not making it up. Consult a good attorney now!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X