Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to US on H1B

Hello,

I was working in US, since 2003 till Aug'2007 with very decent pay, I have all the W2, and I took a long break to my home, and my employer is quite fine with this, now, am planing to go back to US.. what would be the questionnaire at Port of entry in US? Do I need to carry any extra documentation from my employer?
    Any information is useful.

Thanks
    nyc_dude

Is your H1b still valid? If not the employer has to file for the H1b and then get a new employment letter along with the I797. The documents needed for the visa should be good enough for entry as well. Other than that, nothing more.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Back to US, after long vacation...

Hello,

I was working in US, since 2003 till Aug'2007 with very decent pay, I have all the W2, and I took a long break to my home, and my employer is quite fine with this, now, am planing to go back to US.. what would be the questionnaire at Port of entry in US? Do I need to carry any extra documentation from my employer? I have valid H1B status and also visa stamped untill 2009.
      Any information is useful.

Thanks
      nyc_dude

Comment

I can cut and paste as well.....

Is your H1b still valid? If not the employer has to file for the H1b and then get a new employment letter along with the I797. The documents needed for the visa should be good enough for entry as well. Other than that, nothing more.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_dude
          I have a valid H1B, and Visa until 2009. Please let me know if you have answer for my question.
          Then you should have posted this on the forum rather than PM me. Yes, you can enter with the latest employment offer letter if your H1b petition and visa are valid.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X