[Query] H4 and H1 status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Query] H4 and H1 status

I am on H4 which is valid till Sep 30th. I had applied for H1B through two Companies, Company A and Company B

Company A has received my approval letter with I-94 (COS) but refusing to give the same.

Company B is yet to receive my approval letter and the case is pending.

My queries are :

1. If I apply for H4 extension now, I think Company A's I-94 will not be valid. Is this correct ?

2. If I apply for H4 extension now, and if Company B receives H1B approval before Oct 1st, all I need to do is to revoke my H4 extension application and I will have to start working with Company B from Oct 1st. Is this correct ?

3. If I apply for H4 extension now, and if Company B receives H1B approval after Oct 1st, all I need to do is apply for COS from H4 to H1. Do I need to revoke my H4 extension application in this case or COS is enough ?

4. I heard that H4 extension is taking more than 3 months now. So, I have an option to go out of US and get my H4
    stamped in my passport and enter US with H4. However, my H1 from Company B is still pending. Can I work for Company B if the approval is received after Oct 1st by applying COS from H4 to H1 ? Can I apply for PP for H4 to H1 ?

Look on the forum for the posts from the past few days. Come back and ask the questions that were left unanswered.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X