Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B validitiy

Hi,
    I am in a tough situation. I am working for a company (A) with valid H1-B and I got another job with a different company (B) and my H1-B transfer is in the process - I have received my notice number. At this time I learnt from my current employer (A) that I cannot join the company B since it is client to A and I have signed an agreement when I have joined company A (But I can join B after 1 year of my resignation from company A). I did not know about this agreement and have made progress this far. My question is if I quit A now and join B after one year, will my H1B (with company B) be still valid at that point of time (Sep 2009)? (In this time frame Sep 2008 to Sep 2009 I will not be working with B nor A).
    Also, please let me know what is best for me to do now. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kevin.

If B does not revoke the H1b, it can remain valid and you can move to B after 1 year if the I797 is valid and the job exists.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X