Queries on L1 and H1 without COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queries on L1 and H1 without COS

I have an existing L1 from company A valid till July 2009. I got a new H1 petition from Company B approved this September. The new petition is not a Change of status. I want to activate my H1 by visiting a consulate outside US in Jan2009. I need to know if i can stay in US on L1 after Oct1, 2008 and also if i can re-enter the country on L1 (before reactivating my new H1 visa.)

Originally posted by master_abend
    The new petition is not a Change of status. I want to activate my H1 by visiting a consulate outside US in Jan2009. I need to know if i can stay in US on L1 after Oct1, 2008 and also if i can re-enter the country on L1 (before reactivating my new H1 visa.)
    How do you know it is NOT a COS? Did you check the approval notice? Be sure about it and do not trust the consulting companies as it is your status that you are risking.

If it is not a COS, you are fine.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I know this is not a COS because i was outside US when the petition was filed, also we never filed an ammendment after my arrival in US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X