Any Problem At POE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Problem At POE?

I got my H1B visa & for wife H4 visa, my wife is pregnant upto 5months, we are planing to enter into USA end of October 2008, so on that time she will be pregnant of 6months and 7th starts, any problem or documents we have to show at POE?
    interview time we told to VO and he said no problem to issuing visa and VO issued visa to me & her too.
    any interview or problem at POE??

please write your opinion..
    thanks lots
    Last edited by italianjob; 09-19-2008, 09:08 AM.

You should try to enter earlier than that and ensure that your employer has group insurance coverage. Without that, you will have lot of problems getting insured as pregnancy coverage is not offered by companies in general for individual policies without a 9-12 month hold period.

As far as boarding the airplane, many airlines DO NOT allow passengers that are over 6 months pregnant on the airplane as it is risky. CBP as such does not have any restrictions on travel by pregnant people unless it thinks the person is entering solely for the purpose of delivering a USC.

I'm pregnant. Can I travel to the U.S. ?

Although there are no specific regulations prohibiting pregnant foreign nationals from entering the U.S., entry is allowed or denied at the discretion of the admitting CBP officer. If the CBP officer determines that you are likely to become a ward of the government (meaning that the government must provide medical care because you do not have medical coverage while visiting the U.S.), you can be denied entry. When determining if you will be allowed to enter the U.S., CBP officers take into consideration the date your child is due for delivery and the length of time you intend to stay in the U.S. In addition, they want evidence that you have sufficient medical insurance to cover any medical necessities while you are in the U.S. If it is determined that you do not have sufficient medical insurance to cover any unexpected or expected medical care while in the U.S., you can be denied entry. Additionally, if you are pregnant and entering the U.S. at a border port of entry via vehicle, be aware the radiation detection portals deployed at the ports do not emit any radiation, and do not present a hazard to you and your unborn child. Coming to the U.S. for the purpose of child birth is not a valid reason for travel.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      You should try to enter earlier than that and ensure that your employer has group insurance coverage. Without that, you will have lot of problems getting insured as pregnancy coverage is not offered by companies in general for individual policies without a 9-12 month hold period.

As far as boarding the airplane, many airlines DO NOT allow passengers that are over 6 months pregnant on the airplane as it is risky. CBP as such does not have any restrictions on travel by pregnant people unless it thinks the person is entering solely for the purpose of delivering a USC.

I'm pregnant. Can I travel to the U.S. ?

Although there are no specific regulations prohibiting pregnant foreign nationals from entering the U.S., entry is allowed or denied at the discretion of the admitting CBP officer. If the CBP officer determines that you are likely to become a ward of the government (meaning that the government must provide medical care because you do not have medical coverage while visiting the U.S.), you can be denied entry. When determining if you will be allowed to enter the U.S., CBP officers take into consideration the date your child is due for delivery and the length of time you intend to stay in the U.S. In addition, they want evidence that you have sufficient medical insurance to cover any medical necessities while you are in the U.S. If it is determined that you do not have sufficient medical insurance to cover any unexpected or expected medical care while in the U.S., you can be denied entry. Additionally, if you are pregnant and entering the U.S. at a border port of entry via vehicle, be aware the radiation detection portals deployed at the ports do not emit any radiation, and do not present a hazard to you and your unborn child. Coming to the U.S. for the purpose of child birth is not a valid reason for travel.
      Thanks lots, no my aim is not like just born baby to USA, we will staying there upto my H1B duration. I have to ask you that I will purchase health insurance from india it's ok? thanks lots

Comment

Originally posted by italianjob
        Thanks lots, no my aim is not like just born baby to USA, we will staying there upto my H1B duration. I have to ask you that I will purchase health insurance from india it's ok? thanks lots
        They do NOT cover pregnancies and it is very expensive. Your employer's group coverage is the only viable option that offers coverage.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

They do NOT cover pregnancies and it is very expensive. Your employer's group coverage is the only viable option that offers coverage.
          yes they offers coverage but still I not recieved any documents. and even reply. so, in offer letter is written that they will offer us medical/dental inssurance. that letter is enough?

Comment

Originally posted by italianjob
            yes they offers coverage but still I not recieved any documents. and even reply. so, in offer letter is written that they will offer us medical/dental inssurance. that letter is enough?
            If it is a consulting company, cover your base and don't land up here without doing your homework. I am glad you are thinking ahead of time. They exploit people big time. These coverages are promised but never delivered. Also, you need to get paid all the time on H1b. Project or not. That is the law!

Comment

Another thing you need to consider is whether your wife will be able to find a doctor to see her during the last few months. Obviously, in case she is ready to deliver, she will be seen at the hospital even if she has no doctor of record.

In my area, the wait for a new patient visit can be 5 to 6 months even if a person is already pregnant. There are not enough OBGYN physicians. If you are on a HMO, the wait is shorter. Many doctors do not want to take a new patient is the last trimester because of liability issues.

Be sure your insurance does not have a 3 or 6 month waiting period after you start to work. In many companies, there is a 3 month probationary period when no insurance is in effect. Without insurance, expect to pay $10,000-20,000 for an uncomplicated delivery with no problems with the child. Costs may easily exceed several hundred thousand dollars if the child has issues.

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
                Another thing you need to consider is whether your wife will be able to find a doctor to see her during the last few months. Obviously, in case she is ready to deliver, she will be seen at the hospital even if she has no doctor of record.

In my area, the wait for a new patient visit can be 5 to 6 months even if a person is already pregnant. There are not enough OBGYN physicians. If you are on a HMO, the wait is shorter. Many doctors do not want to take a new patient is the last trimester because of liability issues.

Be sure your insurance does not have a 3 or 6 month waiting period after you start to work. In many companies, there is a 3 month probationary period when no insurance is in effect. Without insurance, expect to pay $10,000-20,000 for an uncomplicated delivery with no problems with the child. Costs may easily exceed several hundred thousand dollars if the child has issues.
                ohh. but there is no option for me. I can't leave my wife here in italy. my parents in canada , and her parents in Uk. I must have to enter into USA but there is no way to find any doctor or cheaper hospitals for us (immigrants)?
                I can afford upto 15k dollar. but if I got insurance then good enough. sorry but I want to know that I can enter upto end of october or first week of november right?

Comment

Discuss with your employer about your medical coverage first and then evaluate your options. There is nothing like cheap healthcare in the US.

Comment

Discuss with your employer about your medical coverage first and then evaluate your options. There is nothing like cheap healthcare in the US.
                    my employer told me that for first year your or your family health inssurance not covered, he told me it's rules. & he told me they will help me some but not fully. I hope I am not only the first person passing from this kind of sittuation. please if anyone know some way please share with me.

Comment

Ask your employer if you could join their "Group Insurance" plan. If they do not pay for the insurance, that is between you and them. If you can join the plan, you can shell money out of your pocket and get coverage. Your HR is the best person to deal this with.

Other than group insurance plans, none of them cover pre-existing conditions. There are no options as such without becoming a ward on the state (Some states offer such coverages like California). If CBP suspects that, they could deny entry.

Comment

Ask your employer if you could join their "Group Insurance" plan. If they do not pay for the insurance, that is between you and them. If you can join the plan, you can shell money out of your pocket and get coverage. Your HR is the best person to deal this with.

Other than group insurance plans, none of them cover pre-existing conditions. There are no options as such without becoming a ward on the state (Some states offer such coverages like California). If CBP suspects that, they could deny entry.
                        yes, my HR told me your inssurance is Group Insurance but it will not allowed me to covered upto 10months to 1year, I don't know but he told me it's the rules. and they told me when you enter into the USA from that day your inssurance will start. otherwise not , at POE just I can explain them I have Group Insurance there is nothing documentation , yes, in offer letter they wrote it that's the proof I can show, my HR told me like this. thanks lots TXH1B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X