Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is CONTRACT AGREEMENT or BOND with the employer valid in USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is CONTRACT AGREEMENT or BOND with the employer valid in USA?

Hi,

REQUEST YOU TO READ THE BELOW QUERIES AND HELP ME IN MAKING A DECISION.

I applied for H1B visa thru a US based consultant. He got around 2000 USD from me for processing the visa. Also in the offer letter given by him, it was mentioned that I need to give him 15,000 USD if i leave the company in 12 months. I signed the offer letter and gave it to him for Visa filing. He filed my visa and now it got approved.

After it got approved, now he had sent a new offer letter with some changes in the same. He had now mentioned that i have to give him minimum 30,000 USD if I leave the company in 18 months. Also, He will process Greencard for me it seems. And during that time if i leave company, then I have to give him another 25,000 USD minimum.

I was shocked to see such sudden change in the offer letter after my Visa got approved.

Now my question is, are these contract agreement or bond really valid in USA?

Will he be able to sue me or put a court case on me if I dont give this money even after I sign the offer letter given to me?

Can I go ahead and sign this offer letter now ? or is risky to do it ?

In future, after coming to US, will I be able to apply for a job in some other company and get a job and leave this consulting firm ? will there be a problem in it ?

PLEASE GUIDE ME. I GOT REALLY SCARED TO SUCH BEHAVIOUR FROM THE CONSULTANT.

THANKS
    NACHU

Such fixed amount contracts are generally not valid however employer could still claim liquidated damages which are valid due to you leaving the employer.

Your employer seems to be the "usual" scumbag kind and you are putting your fate in his hands.

It is illegal to collect money for the H1b. Keep all receipts of payments made and complain to DOL if the employer does not pay you upon entry in US (illegal as well and puts you out of status).

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X