Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 to new H1 petioin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H4 to new H1 petioin

    Hi all,

    I came to usa on h4 in april'08, and also filed my h1 on april1, which got approved in may. As my H1 was filled as a new petioin, my employer asked me to go for stamping. So i have booked my visa stamping date on oct14th in Nogales, mexico.

    i searched in net but i didnt get any similar kind of experience of h4 to new h1 petioin. i worked in India till march'08 and have total 3+ years of exp. now i have complete 6 months of gap, and what questions they may ask me. do they ask any of my previous paystubs kind of stuff ? and what type of questions i can expect from them ? have any of you heard about the similar kind of situation ? please help me..


    thanks,
    ramya

  • #2
    Its a very common situation. Just have all your credentials that qualify you for the job you applied for.

    Comment


    • #3
      My wife is in the same situation but her interview is dated after Oct 14th in India.

      Its advisable to carry all your credentials (degrees, certificates, employment history letters, pay stubs etc)

      Also, make sure you have all the information about your employer, the company profile, strength of the company etc. They may ask you things like, how did you get to know of the vacancy, how/where/when were you interviewed, where does your husband work, where are you gonna be working etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by orion
        Its a very common situation. Just have all your credentials that qualify you for the job you applied for.
        if you know as it is a common situation, can you give links of some of their experiences ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vipingrover
          My wife is in the same situation but her interview is dated after Oct 14th in India.

          Its advisable to carry all your credentials (degrees, certificates, employment history letters, pay stubs etc)

          Also, make sure you have all the information about your employer, the company profile, strength of the company etc. They may ask you things like, how did you get to know of the vacancy, how/where/when were you interviewed, where does your husband work, where are you gonna be working etc.
          Hi vipin,

          thanks for the info. if it is in india i might be working till date so no problem. any how all the best for your wife's visa.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ramyaganesh
            if you know as it is a common situation, can you give links of some of their experiences ?
            There are plenty on the forum and the homepage if you look under the right section and spend time. The forum doesn't serve drive through food. You have to fix it yourself.

            It does not matter if it is a H4 to H1 conversion or F1 to H1 conversion, the requirements are all the same.

            I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by txh1b

              It does not matter if it is a H4 to H1 conversion or F1 to H1 conversion, the requirements are all the same.
              thanks for the info

              Comment

              Working...
              X