Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Appointment using VFS Website

Hi,

My wife is applying for an appointment at New Delhi Consulate for H4 Visa -Restamping

Her previous H4 visa expired on 15th Sep'2008 and she went back on 14th Sep'2008 to India.
    While applying - there are two options:
    (a) A resident of India/Bhutan OR
    (b) An Indian Citizen resident in US.

So just want to know which option she needs to choose?

Is the second option is for those people who have still the Valid Visa and is about to expire?
    OR is it for those people who were in US for more than 183 days in the current year.

Thanks for your help and time.

---Abhay

b

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for the info.
      Can you please tell us the meaning of the second option - I mean for our knowledge/ which will help us in future.

--Abhay

Comment

It is for anyone that is in the US currently irrespective of the tax rules (183 days for residency).

For fresh first time applicants, option 1 applies.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

Below is the information which I searched through the forums:Its a mail written to someone by VFS :

====================================================

If the applicant is applying for the H4 visa for the first time then she needs to apply from the place she has been residing from past 6 months.

If she is a returning H4 visa holder then she can apply from any Embassy/Consulate.(Same as Indian citizen resident in US)
          (If the petitioner and the job remains the same)

Please contact us for further clarification.

Thanks & Regards,
          US VFS,Team

=====================================================

Now my concern is - her expired H4 visa was from company A and now as I had changed to Company B . Her new H4 stamping needs to be done from my new Company B/new petitioner.

So can she still chose the Option - B? --- because now the petitioner is new i.e. Company B

and if she chose Option 1 , then she is not residing at any address in India for 6 months as she went to India just now.

Thanks ...

---Abhay

Comment

H4 could care less about the company. The petititioner in true sense for a H4 visa is the applicant and the spouse on H1b.

B is to be chosen. I think you are thinking too much and wasting your energy on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X