Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucessful H1B-H4 Stamping in Chennai on 25t

Hello ALL,

First i want to thank all the members of this forum.i got full info of the whole process of H1B starting from applying till visa stamping.

We got h1b & H4 visa stamping in Chennai yesterday.

Every thing went cool; expect the waiting part outside the consulate.

This was my 2nd visit to Chennai consulate, earlier i got B1.

Other things which i think will be useful to all:

• I prefer to be in Chennai one day before and stay cool. Please do not come on the day of interview even if ur interview is scheduled in the afternoon.

• Try to get all the documents from your employer & prepare all ur documents. Keep them in order so that u can give them quickly.

• One day before, try to check DS forms and answer ur self all the possible questions they pose.

• According to my observations in these 2 visits, what i got is All VO's will try to issue visa, at the same time they are skeptical about our reply’s. So try to answer to the point and concise. Remember in 90% cases they will make their decisions in the first 2-3 mins of ur interview, rest is thy will assess ur truthfulness’ etc. Many get queries due to our own mistakes in the later part of interview.

• When ur in visa lobby, Try to be yourself, pray GOD, don’t talk with vfs guys and stand in the queue which they tell. Don’t change the line allotted unless they ask to do so.

• Please remember, 75% of H1B approvals are issued a visa, 15-20%go for query & will get their visa after that process (time limit varies) only 1-5% will not get visas. These no are a/c to my search in Google etc.

Also don’t think Chennai consulate have many rejections, Chennai consulate process largest no visas than any consulate in India, so more rejections.

I know it is very difficult to be tension free especially if ur first time to chennai consulate, but try to composed, think that u have applied a loan and ur answering to bank manager, remember bank manger always want to approve ur loan but has some doubts, similar case when u apply a visa.

Gold standard rule “Be confident and bold to answer all the silly questions they ask you + a little bit of LUCK".

I will be preparing a blog about my experiences and info about H1 and B1 visas. I will explain in detail step by step approach in that blog.

I will answer any questions in this regard.

Thanks again to one all.

Hi VISAMBA, congratulations! Hey tell me one thing... When you and your family appear for visa interview, both of you were called to the same VO at the same time or they took the interview separately for both of you? Also, for H4, what are all the supporting documents we need to present? Please let me know.

Comment

For H1-H4 , interview will be done for both at same time , same counter.First they will ask about you and ur h1 application, next they may or may not be any questions to ur spouse.

As per my knowledge, it is always better to apply H1-H4 at a time and take ur family for visa interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X