Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working on L2 and h1 approved

hi

my wife has l1 and I have l2+ead and working presently, my H1B is approved with COS (got approval today).

The problem is she is pregnant and she is due in next 2 months. In this case I can not leave her alone. What are my options?

Is the leapfrog only option or I can give medical reason after 2 months or so and start working with H1 employer ?

Please this is very urgent as only 2 days left for Oct 1st. Thank you very much.

You have to begin H1 work and file a COS from L2 to H4 for her before Sep 30th or follow the leapfrog procedure. No other legal options to remain on L1/L2.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You have to begin H1 work and file a COS from L2 to H4 for her before Sep 30th or follow the leapfrog procedure. No other legal options to remain on L1/L2.
      Hi txh1b, Thank you for your reply.
      But I think you misunderstood question.

my wife is on L1
      and I am working on L2+EAD, my H1B approved with COS as of today.

My wife is pregnant and due in next 1-2 months. SO I can not leave her alone by joining h1 employer.

My h1 employer agreed for late joining but what is the legal way?
      Can I delay joining by showing medical reason of my wife?

Comment

Except for the L2 to H4 COS part, rest all holds good. You have to begin work to be in valid status and avoid future problems. H1b employer has little to lose if you do not maintain your status as they will be saved from the requirement to pay you if you do not make yourself available to them.

Try to have your L2 employer transfer the H1b immediately so that you can continue working for them (as long as the petition is filed before tomorrow) using H1b portability.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X