Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping validity

Hi Gurus,

I got a visa stamping till Oct 2010 with my present company.
    I will be joining new company next week, now my question is

1. when I travel to India, do i need to get the stamp with new company

or

can I travel with present H1b visa only without stamping a visa of new company, please advice

Regards
    YSR

Hi YSR,

When you go back to India - You can come back to US with the same VISA from Company A (Old Company).
    You don't need the stamping again.

But make sure when u come back to US - you should present the new petition (I-797) from company B at Port of Entry.

Thanks,
    Abhay
    ======================================
    Senior Members , please confirm

Comment

yes

you can re-enter US in valid H-1B status by presenting a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended stay (the exp date of your new approval notice with I-94 attached), your old H-1B visa stamp and your new I-797 approval notice with I-94 attached. You will have to get a new visa stamp if you are attempting to re-enter US after your current stamp expires. You are not supposed to apply for a new visa stamp until you have less than 60 days of validity remaining on it (though some consulates will issue new visa stamps sooner than that).

Comment

Originally posted by notalawyer
        by presenting a passport valid for at least 6 months.
        Not a requirement for many countries.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X